Call for testing: Updated OpenJDK 6.0 ARM port (for Ubuntu)

Christian Robottom Reis kiko at linaro.org
Wed Dec 21 16:45:55 UTC 2011

Hi there,

    Matthias has just landed in the Precise repositories an updated
version of OpenJDK that comes with a newly updated Zero-based ARM
optimized backend. Since many people have inquired about the general
state of Java on ARM, I'd like it if we could get some installation and
testing results using the packages published from the source at:

    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/openjdk-6/6b24~pre2-0ubuntu2

Installable packages are linked to from:

    https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openjdk-6/6b24~pre2-0ubuntu2/+build/3015810

Reports of installation issues, and general results trying to run from
simple to complex applications would be appreciated.

Note there is no backport PPA for these packages at the moment. But it's
still time to give them a xmas spin and give me the great news that Java
on ARM is getting back on track -- thanks!
--
Christian Robottom Reis, Engineering VP
Brazil (GMT-3) | [+55] 16 9112 6430 | [+1] 612 216 4935