Suggestion for ARM related summits at Linaro Connect Q4.11 (co-hosted with UDS-P)

Tom Gall tom.gall at linaro.org
Wed Aug 31 03:28:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 9:55 PM, Ricardo Salveti
<ricardo.salveti at linaro.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As we're having the Linaro Connect Q4.11 together with UDS-P, would
> like to know if there is any special topic it'd be useful to cover as
> a summit there.
>
> Any ARM related topics that might be related with cross-distro
> collaboration or just related with Ubuntu/Debian should fit.

A session on live-build probably makes sense.

> Some suggestions:
>  - Arm Hard Float Port
>  - Next steps for Multiarch at Ubuntu/Debian
>  - Ubuntu ARM images discussion (Linaro hwpacks and Ubuntu spice seeds)

I'd suggest discussion around
  - an ARM based phone reference image of some sort. (probably a
subtopic under images)
  - an ARM based tablet image with touch based input also pops to
mind. (again probably a subtopic under images)

>  - Minimal image support (Ubuntu core discussions)

+2!

--
Regards,
Tom

"We want great men who, when fortune frowns will not be discouraged."
- Colonel Henry Knox
Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
w) tom_gall att vnet.ibm.com
h) tom_gall att mac.com