Ubuntu AppDeveloper Week - Call for Sessions

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 17 17:01:15 UTC 2011

Hi Ubuntu Developers,

The next Ubuntu AppDeveloper Week its going to be in a few weeks time,
from the *5th to 9th September*, and with your help it's going to be
awesome as usual.

For those of you not familiar with UADW:

"Ubuntu App Developer Week is a week of sessions aimed at enabling and
inspiring developers to write applications that scratch their itches.
Our goal is to give all attendees a taste of the wide variety of tools
on the Ubuntu platform that can be used to create awesome applications,
and to showcase some applications that have been created and explain how
they were put together."

At this point I'm doing a preliminary call for IRC sessions before the
announcement, and I'd like to ask you to contribute with your sessions
or suggestions.

This is a great opportunity to showcase and to teach about the unique
technologies that enable application developers to create beautiful apps
using our platform. And to recruit new contributors for your project ;)

Here are just some ideas on interesting topics to we should definitely
have content on:

      * Unity Lenses/Scopes
      * Unity 2D
      * AppIndicators
      * Ubuntu One
      * Multitouch
      * The Application Review Process
      * Quickly
      * Python, PyGtk
      * Qt, QML, PyQt
      * Bzr
      * Launchpad, the Launchpad API
      * ...

Call for sessions
-----------------

So here's what I'd like to ask you to do:

Do you have an idea for a cool topic you'd like to hear more about?
      * Add it here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAppDeveloperWeek/Prep

Or the improved alternative:

Do you want to deliver a session on _your_ cool topic?
      * Add it here:
        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAppDeveloperWeek/Timetable

Thanks a lot for your help in making the next UADW rock!

Cheers,
David.

--
David Planella