SRUs for typo fixes in descriptions

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Aug 8 08:36:46 UTC 2011

Micah Gersten [2011-08-03 14:55 -0500]:
> So, something like this would seeming be fine in conjunction with
> another SRU, but wouldn't qualify on its own for one if I understand
> correctly.

Package description changes don't even qualify for an SRU in
conjunction with other fixes, as it changes an user visible string.
Package descriptions are translated, so we would break all
translations if you change the master.

> I'm wondering if there should be a queue for these fix only with
> something else, or if we should just close won't fix (see SRU policy).

I'd just wontfix this particular example. For packages which get SRUs
often, I think the best solution is to just push the fix to bzr, but
not upload it.

Thanks,

Martin