DMB: Proposal for a different review process

Iulian Udrea iulian at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 4 21:45:17 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-04 at 12:01 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> ...he then expressed *surprise* that his LP contribution isnt supposed
> to count at all (according to iulians words), apparently two other
> people that read the meeting too expressed the same surprise (i would
> have too) ...
>
> sorry, but nowhere in the meeting log i see a line where anyone asks for
> special treatment, i dont even see any rant, heat or argument, just
> three people expressing their surprise (each with exactly one line)
> about iulians attitude that LP contributions dont count at all.

I most certainly did not say that Launchpad contributions do not count
*at all*. Please don't put words in my mouth. The main reason I said
"What Launchpad has to do with Ubuntu" was purely because the applicant
came directly from Launchpad, without having enough Ubuntu
contributions. Jonathan already mentioned in the meeting what I wanted
to say with regards to this matter whilst we were talking to henninge,
and thus there was no point in repeating the same thing again. I suppose
this made you think that my attitude wasn't the best one. I reckon you
haven't had the chance to read my last email on the other thread.

I honestly didn't think I would end up on this thread as well. I
personally don't like where this is going. Therefore, I look forward to
hearing from the Community Council about this in their next meeting
(already added to the agenda).

I hope we will all find a way out of this mess soon.

Cheers,
Iulian