DMB: Proposal for a different review process

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:56:47 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 04.08.2011, 10:12 -0400 schrieb Mackenzie Morgan:
>> More like:
>> Ugh, these two getting upset about the people they manage being
>> rejected. Again. How predictable! *eye roll*
> and what forbids them from being like that ?

As far as I can tell: a rubber stamp.  Someone on Dustin's team
applied. Better accept them if we want to avoid another fiasco!

> go ahead, fill the gap in
> their knowledge so they are not upset next time, if things are
> predictable for you you should as well be able to change them.
>
> i dont think we have a rule yet in the community anywhere that forbids
> being upset and board members should really be able to be above such
> things if they happen in a meeting instead of winding up and blaming
> canonical in the end. i have seen enough membership meetings where
> discussions or rants occur after someone who brought a bunch of cheering
> friends was rejected, it happens and its totally not bound to canonical.

Maybe the EMEA region has more folks with a problem with accepting bad
news, but in over a year on the Americas RMB and 6 months on the DMB,
I have ***NEVER*** seen ANYONE jump into a meeting to criticise the
board's decision...except Canonical employees. Period.  It's like the
upset parent at a kid's baseball game yelling at the umpire because
the kid struck out.

--
Mackenzie Morgan