DMB: Proposal for a different review process

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:26:32 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Mackenzie Morgan <macoafi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> did anyone talk to the persons individually? what did you do to sort this
>> in an individual manner with the respective person?
>
> To Kate, yes. She didn't go off mid-meeting or rant in-channel.  I
> talked to her later about how to improve her application (like
> including representing Ubuntu at DebConf).  The others seem to prefer
> to air their grievances publicly in-channel.

Actually, I did talk to Dustin too after Marc's application in June.
He thinks there's an anti-Canonical biased member of the DMB. I told
him seeing as this was the first deferral I'd even seen since joining
the DMB*, I haven't seen any other evidence of that, but if he's got
some...talk to the TB or CC.  I don't know if he did or not.

That allegation of anti-Canonical bias is why I made [1] and
highlighted the Canonical employees. If there's an anti-Canonical
bias, I still don't see it, what with 20% of non-Canonical applicants
being rejected and only 11% of Canonical applicants being rejected.

* other than the one where someone applied for PPU for packages that
weren't in the repo and we told them to do it in the other order
[1] http://people.ubuntu.com/~maco.m/dmb_record_keeping.html
--
Mackenzie Morgan