DMB: Proposal for a different review process

Brad Figg brad.figg at canonical.com
Tue Aug 2 20:39:17 UTC 2011

On 08/02/2011 01:38 PM, Chase Douglas wrote:
> On 08/02/2011 01:26 PM, Brad Figg wrote:
>>>
>>> I echo Chase's opinion in this regard; we should remain flexible in
>>> adapting our approval processes.
>>>
>>> The only thing I add is that we should be cognizant of building a
>>> timeout into the process using Launchpad so that applications don't
>>> "spin indefinitely," e.g., "the stale five-digit Launchpad bug
>>> report."
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> -Dan
>>>

>> You could use the model the kernel team is using for tracking workflow for
>> SRU kernels. We have a project set up and a set of custom series that are
>> used for tracking the workflow. A "bot" runs at regular intervals sending
>> out nags if necessary or changing the status of a workflow item as previous
>> dependencies are met.
>
> That's interesting. How are custom bug series managed? I admin a few
> projects on LP, but I can't find any way of doing this.
>
> -- Chase

You can just make up your own names. If you go to: https://launchpad.net/kernel-sru-workflow
you can see them all. You just "Register a series" to add another. Note, when listed on a
bug report as a task, the tasks are listed alphabetically.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg at canonical.com http://www.canonical.com