Boost Transition

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Apr 29 10:44:16 UTC 2011

boost1.46 is now accepted in oneiric and will be (until at least Debian
changes defaults again) the default boost for oneiric.  We will also work to
remove boost1.42 from the archive this cycle.

How you can help:

If you are uploading a package with versioned depends/build-depends on
boost1.42, update them to 1.46.  Note:  Ubuntu often carries versioned
dependencies on boost packages as a delta from Debian (it is my view that one
really doesn't want to accidentally switch boost versions), but if that is the
only delta from Debian, it is not worth maintaining.  It should be dropped and
the package sync'ed from Debian.

Once autosync is finished for the cycle, we will need to examing the remaining
packages that depends/build-depend on boost1.42 and they will need to be
updated.  For packages that build-depend on the unversioned boost packages
this is normally a no change rebuild.

Scott K