Ubuntu Open Week

Amber Graner akgraner at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 22 13:58:26 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I know everyone is insanely busy at this time in the cycle; however,
your assistance is needed as Open Week is less than 2 weeks away and
the schedule is still *very* open.

Please take a look at the schedule
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek) and lets see what we can do
to bump this thing up a notch.  Remember the target audience for
Ubuntu Open Week is the *End User*, so think about what sessions can
be offered to help users (all of us) to become even better, more
efficient and effective. Each of us has knowledge we can share through
what we do for the Ubuntu project, whether it is explaining what the
council you are on does and what it means to the community, how does
your Loco Team work, a Q&A session with your team so that end users
understand what you do and how they can be part of that picture.  What
about a session on screencasting howto's, Filing bugs, testing and
more.  There are so many things to share and we share them everyday in
some capacity.

How about introductions to the derivative distro's such as  Kubuntu,
Edubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, and more.  If you are on the Server,
Desktop, Kernel, Foundations, QA,  DX, Design or other Team consider
giving a Question and Answer Session.  As mentioned above if you are
on the Community Council, Forums Council, IRC Council, LoCo Council do
you have an hour where you can talk about issues and overviews related
to those areas and let the community know how to engage these areas
better.

What about projects such Beginners Team, Docs Team, Spread Ubuntu,
Ubuntu Marketing etc, let's reintroduce some of these to the community
again and share those things during open week.

Please take a moment to see if you can carve out 1 (one) hour of your
time to give to help end users learn more about the ins and outs
Ubuntu and the community that makes it what it is.  Share your
knowledge.  Don't worry if you haven't given a session before we can
help you get started.

If 14 people or teams of people can step up and give a session for
open week this would be *awesome*!  Take a look at the schedule
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek)  and either let me know where
to add your session or fill it in on the time table
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek/Timetable).  If you have any
questions, please email myself or Jorge Castro or ping either of us on
IRC (akgraner or jcastro).

I know I still have a lot to learn and I personally look forward to
open week more than any other Ubuntu week because I always learn
something new that helps me become a better end user and Ubuntu
community member.

Thank you in advance for those who will give sessions and those who
will attend as every session leader and participant makes open week
successful.

with much gratitude and appreciation,

~ Amber :-D

Amber Graner//akgraner//