Patch Pilot Report 2011-04-15

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 15 20:36:48 UTC 2011

I did make some progress.  One overall theme I see is that there are
things in that queue that should not be there.  That means that
patch-pilots (or anyone using it, really) potentially lose time reading
bugs and coming to the conclusion that "this is not ready".

I'm not a member of ubuntu-sponsors, so I could not remove them from some
of the bugs, to remove them from the queue.

== needs ubuntu-sponsors removed / should not be in queue ==

* Press S or M does not work for more than one partition on error
  http://pad.lv/655616

  marked incomplete.  ubuntu-sponsors needs to be unsubscribed.
  cjwatson is looking at this, and waiting on input from the submitter for
  10 days (since 2011-04-05).
  Commented in bug to this effect.
* [Regression] Widescreen resolutions are missing from vgabios, breaking widescreen in qemu
  http://pad.lv/700511
  This needs ubuntu-sponsors removed

* rt3090: freeze on module rt2800pci unload
  http://pad.lv/662288
  This should get fixed in the kernel pull of upstream 2.6.38.3
  Which should occur early next week or soon in -updates.

== Maybe ubuntu-sponsors should be removed ==
* lirc init script can create circular symlinks
  http://pad.lv/698007
  Waiting on input/review of superm1 at ubuntu.com since 2011-04-08
  Blocking on that, this doesn't seem like it should be in the queue.
* lirc init script seems to load things backwards
  http://pad.lv/697999
  Same as lirc, waiting on mario

== merges need/needed to be marked accepted ==
* lp:~barry/ubuntu/natty/pyopenssl/bug-758037
  http://pad.lv/758037
  https://code.launchpad.net/~barry/ubuntu/natty/pyopenssl/bug-758037/+merge/57494
  merge proposal has been accepted. this needs to just be marked as such.
* lp:~jtaylor/ubuntu/natty/matplotlib/matplotlib-fix-752647
  https://code.launchpad.net/~jtaylor/ubuntu/natty/matplotlib/matplotlib-fix-752647/+merge/56843
  http://pad.lv/752647
  merge proposal accepted and uploaded, branch needs to be marked.

== other ==
* "$TERM too long - sorry" error with urxvt-unicode-256color terminal
   http://pad.lv/755191
   zul uploaded fix, its in archive. it didn't (yet) get marked as such.
   I manually did so.
* lp:~mathieu-tl/geoclue/lp738584
  The link in the sponsorship page is bad for this:
   https://code.launchpad.net/~mathieu-tl/geoclue/lp738584/+merge/56980
   it gives 404.
* nssldap-update-ignoreusers needs to be configurable to ignore users
  http://pad.lv/644632
  Commented on this bug, pinged jdstrand and kirkland about it.