Patch Pilot Report 2011-04-11

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 11 18:19:21 UTC 2011

As today is Beta2 freeze, I spent most of my time on:
 * https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/ubuntu-11.04-beta-2
triaging bugs there, and looking for anything to sponsor/fix.

 * 742857
  * non-translated help documentation tweaks, reviewed, committed, uploaded
 * 678421
  * reviewed code back and forth with developer in IRC
  * needs-fixing, gave him a cleaner/simpler function to use
  * will revisit when he updates merge proposal
 * 717166
  * eucalyptus task invalid, but looks like there is a fix required
against isc-dhcp
  * turns out this was fixed elsewhere, in another bug not linked to this one
 * 747090
  * updated triage correctly
 * 732759
  * FFe was granted on 3/15
  * Checked with developer, this was already uploaded and in Natty,
bug just wasn't closed
  * Marked fix-released
 * 716689
  * Researched and confirmed fix has already landed in Natty
  * Marked fix-released
 * 610597
  * eCryptfs related bug, talked to assigned dev (jjohansen)
  * was milestoned against b2, but not practical to fix in that
timeframe, so updated milestone to ubuntu-later
 * 726572
  * added cloud-initramfs-tools to uec seed
  * processed MIR archive promotion
 * 751807, 752910
  * likewise bug fixes
  * comment added to 751807, as he's using /etc/init.d/* in a
postinst, which is not recommended, but is consistent with ~30 other
calls in the package's maintainer scripts;  I directed the patch
author to the Debian Policy Manual section 9.3.3:
   * http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-opersys.html
  * otherwise, approved and uploaded
 * 757540
  * handled at ScottK's request
  * was kind of a pain, as the developer submitted a tarball of their
debian packaging directory, rather than a debdiff or a merge proposal
  * also, I had to grab the upstream release tarball, extract it,
rename the contained directory, and repack it
  * imported dsc to bzr packaging branch and uploaded

--
:-Dustin

Dustin Kirkland
Ubuntu Core Developer