Using something better than Gobby for session notes at UDS

James Troup james.troup at canonical.com
Thu Apr 7 21:32:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

> Taking notes in sessions is vitally important. I don't understand how
> we can make session note taking a priority while at the same time use
> a tool, that has demonstrated in every UDS I've attended, that it's
> not up to the task.

I appreciate the frustration people have with gobby and I'd be happy to
run something better if that's what you guys want to do - the only thing
I'd ask is that someone package Etherpad first[1].

Also, if anyone has any real world experience with running Etherpad
under load (100+ concurrent active users), I'd like to talk to them
about it.

--
James

[1] And, FWIW, I believe I've been asking this for 2 UDSes now - I
    certainly said it publicly at the 'Summit Management System' session
    in Orlando.  I also mentioned it to Matt Zimmerman and Rick Spencer
    in December when they asked me about Etherpad in email.