Using something better than Gobby for session notes at UDS

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Apr 7 09:45:34 UTC 2011

On 04/01/2011 10:00 AM, Robert Hooker wrote:
> I was *really* impressed with how well etherpad handled the load of
> hundreds of people with no downtime at the linux plumbers conference
> last year, a bigger server running it would do fine I imagine..
>
> http://etherpad.osuosl.org/lpc2010-desktop

To be fair the only real issue we had with Gobby last time was that the
server kept crashing due to a bug (iirc it occurred when someone tried
to delete a document).

If that's fixed, it should perform just as well as Gobby in old UDSes,
which seemed to work well enough.

Etherpad is still better though, eg due to playback feature and easier
web participation.