brainstorming for UDS-N - Cloud Infrastructure

Adam Sommer asommer at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 30 19:36:10 BST 2010

I fully agree.  I think one blocker to making this happen, to this point
anyway, has been the incentive to dedicate resources, or find community
resources, to help develop a directory authentication and authorization
solution.

During the last cycle I did some development on an openldap-dit package that
Mathias and Andreas had started a while back.  At the beginning of the cycle
I thought I'd have enough time to push it into Maverick, but things changed
and wasn't able to.  Sort of like last cycle things are calmer, at this
time, and I fully intend to help get something into Natty.

That doesn't address the other functionality like Kerberos, desktop
integration, etc, but hopefully it's a starting place.  Every UDS I've been
too there has been at least one session about directory services, but no end
product has been delivered.  I'm totally not blaming anyone or trying to
suggest that someone screwed up somewhere or anything like that.  I just
don't think it has been a priority... and wondering if that could change for
Natty?

Thanks for listening.

--
Party On,