FFE: Setting Ubuntu Font As Default

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 30 20:40:30 BST 2010

Hi All:

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 14:06, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, September 30, 2010 02:14:03 pm Rick Spencer wrote:
> > Hi all ...
> >
> > I want to bring this FFE to attention:
> > https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/light-themes/+bug/649616
> >
> > It is my understanding that using the Ubuntu font by default has been
> > the plan of record for some weeks or months. None the less, given the
> > time lines involved, I thought it best to raise wider awareness that we
> > are preparing this change as it is after even RC Freeze.
> >
> > The change will set the Ubuntu font to be the default in the UI, but not
> > for documents or monospace. Please note that the FFE has not yet been
> > accepted.
> >
> > Cheers, Rick
>
> It was also the plan of record to have the font in the archive about a
> month
> earlier than we actually got it.
>
> Scott K
>
> Personally I'm welcome to the change and think the font does look great.
 The timing could really be improved a lot though.

I do however have a concern that RC images really aren't being treated as
"Candidates" for gold.  People are planning uploads to main as though they
can still rely on another image spin for final.

According to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ReleaseCandidate
"and will only be allowed for very high-priority showstopper bugs that might
justify delaying the release"

I don't get the impression that a lot of the uploads happening after RC was
spun would realistically hit that criteria listed above.

--
Mario Limonciello
superm1 at gmail.com