Brainstorming for UDS-N - Edubuntu

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 18:53:31 BST 2010

On Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:44:50 pm Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
wrote:
> == Edubuntu Meta ===
>
>  * Possibly include one or more of the following: pencil, geogebra,
> pdfmod, new italc, openspell [needs-packaging], calibre, freeciv,
> lybniz, melting, linthesia, gimpbox [needs-packaging], ttf-sil-andika,
> stellarium, planetarium, celestian

Gally in that "maybe" list, still?

>  * Work with Kubuntu to fix kde-edu dependencies, currently an entire
> KDE session is installed on Edubuntu that we don't really want since
> it's not configured at all

Is kde-edu installed by default? The seeds don't need to follow the always-
install-recommends policy, right? It's actually a fairly sane dependency list
when you knock off the recommends (the recommendation I give to GNOME users
playing with Gally).