2010-09-24, Ubuntu Release Meeting Agenda

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Sep 24 23:12:59 BST 2010

"Matthew East" <mdke at ubuntu.com> wrote:

>On 24 September 2010 15:50, Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 08:44 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-gnome-en-base/+bug/605577
>>>

>> Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!!! I think this should DEFINITELY be
>> tracked for the release, and fixed if at all possible.  I've targeted to
>> the release and made the Desktop team aware.
>
>Thanks a lot for taking care of this.
>
>I think the issue is, as mpt pointed out, a problem with a confusing
>interface, rather than a confusing policy. But while that interface
>remains in place, it may be worth it if the release team tries
>(assuming this is not way beyond resources) to follow milestoned bugs
>as well as release targetted bugs.

The release team uses the combination of targeting and milestones to determine  what bugs they need to track. Given the way launchpad works, I think this is the best we can do (we went through the possibilities at a relatively recent UDS). The key is that targets are restricted to developers so we can manage the list without excessive noise.

>The problem in my case seemed to be that I was unable to propose the
>bug for the maverick release target, possibly because it had
>previously been rejected. That may well be another problem with
>Launchpad!

This is by design (see above). It would be useful however if a developer could flip a bug from accepted or rejected but to undecided so it could be subject to nomination again. Currently the only possible change is from rejected all the way to accepted.

Given the impacts of rejecting a milestone, developers need to consider it carefully before doing so.

Scott K