Server Team 20100921 meeting minutes
mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 21 22:12:05 BST 2010
Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with
the irc logs here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/Server/20100921.
==== Meeting Actions ====
* Everyone to update Daily bug triage blueprint  when done.
* ttx to add link to server-mrs tag search from the releasestatus wiki page
* SpamapS to look at the state of drizzle in maverick - if it build this week
ScottK to accept FFe
* jiboumans to send an email to ubuntu-server@ and/or blog post for call for
* mathiaz to send out a call for ideas on ubuntu to the puppet community
==== Maverick development (jib) ====
Overall: So far so good.
===== Status for identified RC bugs (ttx) =====
We don't have any milestoned bug left, 3 high/critical maverick bugs and 8
Maverick-targeted bugs. List available at:
* or a more dynamic list by searching for tag server-mrs
RC bugs suggestions should be nominated for maverick and ttx should be made
aware of them via IRC.
==== Drizzle state in maverick ====
Drizzle is currently broken in maverick. It may be possible to fix it for
maverick if done this week.
==== Natty development (jib) ====
With feature development unwinding and only a handful of bugs targeted to
release, this is a great time to put your thinking caps on for Natty if you
have some spare time. Like last round, we'll use the
IdeaPool wiki page  to
LP blueprints should filed if someone is ready to lead a session at UDS-N.
If someone has strong connection with other communities a targeted call for
ideas could be useful.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====
Several team members congratulated ara on the new Ubuntu QA website.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (jjohansen) ====
There aren't any high priority bugs on the kernel team radar related to
* Launchpad bug 634487  in linux-ec2 (Ubuntu) "t1.micro instance hangs when
installing sun java"
* Launchpad bug 613273  in linux (Ubuntu) "kernel panic on ec2 in
Call for testing lucid kernel:
* Launchpad bug 493156  in linux (Ubuntu) "Please enable
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer) ====
Skipped as sommer wasn't available.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Ubuntu Community Team (kim0) ====
The cloud portal is taking a good shape.
Feedback for growing the ubuntu cloud community suggested to provide technical
guides or white-papers on "best practices" on how to write cloud apps, how to
deploy services in the cloud, and how to build your own private cloud (storage
concerns, network concerns and best practices ...etc)
==== Agree on next meeting date and time ====
Next meeting will be on Tuesday, September 28th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-
Ubuntu Developer http://www.ubuntu.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/attachments/20100921/7405d1d3/attachment.pgp
More information about the ubuntu-devel