brainstorming for UDS-N - Graphics

Alex Chiang achiang at canonical.com
Mon Oct 4 16:56:22 BST 2010

* Anmar Oueja <Anmar.Oueja at ubuntu.com>:
> Bryce Harrington <bryce at canonical.com> wrote:
> > IIRC, gnome-settings-daemon is *supposed* to memorize
> > different hardware patterns and the last configuration you
> > set for them,
>
> It does remember the last setup if you booted the machine with
> the external display connected. However, if you connect the
> screen or you suspend then resume with the screen plugged in or
> plugged during suspend, it defaults to the laptop screen on the
> left and the external display on the right.

I have exactly the same issue on my HP 2530p, which has Intel
graphics as part of its ICH9 chipset.

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4
Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30e1
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series
Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30e1

/ac