Naming sessions in Launchpad for UDS

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 6 18:31:57 BST 2010

Hi everyone,

Now that I've gone and renamed a ton of blueprints and spammed you all
let me explain the naming convention for blueprints, since the prior
system both confused the scheduler AND people. The list of TRACKs are
here: http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-n/

You will note that Application Developers, Application Selection and
Defaults, Cloud, Development Process, Hardware Compatibility, Other,
Ubuntu the Project are the tracks. Things like "desktop" and "server"
are gone, and not part of UDS! However we do need to put what team is
responsible in the spec name since we use that to generate the
burndown graphs, so here it is:

$trackname-$team-n-$title

That means ALL specs for UDS-N should start with one of these (I've
compacted the tracknames to something easier to fit in LP):
appdevs, appselection, cloud, devprocess, hardware, other, ubuntutheproject

Examples:

appselection-n-thunderbird-on-ubuntu
hardware-kernel-n-stable-frankenkernel-maintenance
devprocess-foundations-n-distributed-development-review-and-planning
other-foundations-n-cdboot

If anyone has any questions please let me know.

--
Jorge Castro
Canonical Ltd.