Brainstorming for UDS-N - Units Policy

Benjamin Drung bdrung at ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 2 01:37:06 BST 2010

Hi,

Here's another thing we should discuss at UDS: How to implement the
units policy [1] in natty? Which applications need to be updated?

Current situation: I am currently writing a stand-alone C library that
can be used for outputting and inputting file size. It can be configured
to use base10, base2, or historic. The obvious default will be base10 on
Ubuntu. The library is currently named libdisplayunits. Please let me
know if you have a better name for it.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UnitsPolicy

--
Benjamin Drung