brainstorming for UDS-N - Application Developers

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Sat Oct 2 00:54:03 BST 2010

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 01:30:20AM +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
> Am Freitag, den 01.10.2010, 17:39 -0400 schrieb Barry Warsaw:

> > >Something like that wouldn't take long at all to script up, why not
> > >just go ahead and do it :)
> >
> > I'm fairly certain I could write most of the backend code for that, but I
> > personally have no idea how to hook it into the ui.  And please don't ask me
> > to design the ui. :)
>
> That's a great idea. I remember the gui tool for killing an application.
> You start this gui kill tool, you get a cross line, and you click on the
> window that should be killed. This could be applied to getting the
> source of a package.

xkill and its ilk.

Of course, often times with gui bugs, the actual package is not the
thing presenting the gui but an underlying library component.  Still,
it'd be a better guess than filing a bug with no package at all.

Of course, the cynical side of me says we've got so many bug reports do
we really want to make it any easier for people to file more?  ;-)

Bryce