brainstorming for UDS-N - Application Developers

Barry Warsaw barry at canonical.com
Fri Oct 1 22:03:12 BST 2010

>On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 14:31 -0700, Rick Spencer wrote:
>> We want to empower, engage and harness application developers to
>> develop on and for Ubuntu. These sessions cover the many elements in
>> achieving that goal.
>>
>> What's high on your list for this area?

Apologies for replying out of order, but you know what I'd *love* to see?  A
"desktop developer" mode where every visible window had a button you could
click on that would tell you exactly what binary owns the window, what binary
package that is part of, what source package it comes from, *and* a button to
download (read: bzr branch :) the source branch for it.  Maybe even a button
to submit a bug report right there.

That way, when some bug trips my threshold of tolerance, I'd click on that
button to download the code and *maybe* just fix the dang thing.

-Barry