FFE: Setting Ubuntu Font As Default

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Oct 1 10:42:27 BST 2010

On 10/01/2010 02:26 AM, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 1 October 2010 10:07, Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> wrote:
>> We have these policies because they're good software engineering
>> practice.  It matters that, for instance, the screenshots in the
>> documentation actually look like the operating system.
>>

> Which screenshots would those be?
>
> As far as I know the official documentation doesn't actually have any
> screenshots.
>
> Al.

Not just official documentation, but third party stuff.

Regardless the larger problem is that the Ubuntu font is not metric
equivalent to the current font and this will very likely cause parts of
the interface to look different in unintended ways (think something that
wrongly assumed the font now no longer lining up by a couple pixels).

-Scott Ritchie