ftbfs in subversion related to linker change?

Barry Warsaw barry at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 19 18:47:06 GMT 2010

On Nov 16, 2010, at 01:55 AM, Loïc Minier wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 15, 2010, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> ERROR: ld.so: object 'libfakeroot-sysv.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
>
> I see an override of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the line befor the failure;
> this usually breaks fakeroot
>
> You want something like:
>    LD_LIBRARY_PATH="yourdir:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" yourcommand
> and that should work
>
> I don't think it relates to the toolchain changes.
>
> NB: the above is insecure in general purpose shell scripts; if
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH has an empty string in the list, it means current
> directory and is extremely dangerous; you can do something like:
>    LD_LIBRARY_PATH="yourdir${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"
> to be secure

Unfortunately this did not seem to fix the problem.

It doesn't appear as though sbuild has any good way to debug build failures.
One thing that would be nice would be an option to keep the session active so
you could schroot to it to see what's going on.  In any case, I'm trying some
other approaches to see what happens at this point to break fakeroot.

Cheers,
-Barry