Unity desktop and maverick backport

Marjo Mercado marjo.mercado at canonical.com
Thu Nov 18 21:03:32 GMT 2010

Hi Didier,

Thanks for sharing this proposal. Based on the technical discussion
below, it seems like the right trade-off to make, if we can't have both.

Having said that, it becomes even more important to the overall quality
of the Unity desktop that we ensure as many users try it on Natty as
soon as possible. I'd like to make a few suggestions.

- Send out a call for testing, specific to Unity desktop (QA Team)
- Track Unity related bugs and make sure they are getting triaged and
resolved quickly; Monitor bug reports closely (QA Team-bdmurray)
- Layout key dates for checkpoints (Desktop, DX and QA Teams)
- Make go/no-go recommendation based on test results and bug data (QA
Team)

What do you think?

Thanks,

Marjo