Unity desktop and maverick backport

Rick Spencer rick.spencer at canonical.com
Thu Nov 18 18:47:25 GMT 2010

In my opinion, for what it is worth, this sounds like an unfortunate,
but necessary trade off.

I think we will lose a fairly large degree of testing and feedback, by
forcing interested contributors to move Natty so early. However, I think
it's rational to trade that for an increased focus on the ultimate
quality of the new compiz-based unity in Natty and beyond.

I think we'll get the most useful feedback from people *using* Unity.
So, this means that we'll need to focus on supporting early Natty
adopters, for instance paying more attention to quickly resolving
adoption blocking bugs.

My $.02

Cheers, Rick