SSH and the Ubuntu Server

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 18 17:28:26 GMT 2010

Dustin Kirkland [2010-11-18 10:57 -0600]:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Serge Hallyn
> > Forgive me if the answer is obvious - but how is this any
> > better then than simply expecting users to click 'ssh server'
> > in the tasksel window which always comes up?
>
> It's not any better, Serge.  :-(

My first knee-jerk reaction to your initial mail was the same as
Serge's -- I think it would be absolutely straightforward to enable
ssh server by default by enabling this task, and it remains a
conscious decision by the user.

However, I'm a bit confused by your answer -- are you saying that the
"ssh" task is enough to accomplish this, or that you don't consider
that good enough?

Thanks,

Martin