Natty: Where did my changelogs go?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 15 07:33:15 GMT 2010

Tollef Fog Heen [2010-11-14 22:20 +0100]:
> ]] Martin Pitt
> This looks like a violation of the GPL (v2 at least) 2a):
>
>     a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices
>     stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.
>
> Has anybody looked into that or given that any thought?

Our legal department has checked GPL, MPL, Apache, Artistic, and a few
other common licenses, and said that it was okay to ship binaries
without changelogs (at all -- and now we at least ship the topmost
bits of it).

Above clause doesn't apply to binaries, but to the source code
apparently.

Thanks,

Martin