Ubuntu ARM and the linaro kernels

John Rigby john.rigby at linaro.org
Tue Nov 9 15:19:29 GMT 2010

Oliver,

On the subject of Ubuntu sauce and security patches, at each linaro
kernel release I merge in the latest Ubuntu release so I believe the
linaro packaged kernel has all these.  My current plan is to continue
doing  to track the Ubuntu kernel as long as the Ubuntu kernel is
supported.

On the configuration issue we have plans to reduce the enabled drivers
in our kernel so we would probably need to build two versions of
kernels that are consumed by both Linaro and Ubuntu.

On the SRU issue, I currently take everything that Nicolas has in his
stable tree.  We don't have a formal process for signing off patches
on a mailing list.  However, most patches in the stable tree are
headed upstream and have been signed off on some other upstream list.
There is a mismatch here between linaro (latest bleeding edge) and
ubuntu (stable) requirements.

John