More LiveCD space optimizations

Martin Owens doctormo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 05:36:53 GMT 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-05 at 16:20 -0400, Martin Pitt wrote:
> One thing that currently needs it is usb-modeswitch. I'd love the
> usb-modeswitch-dispatcher thing to be rewritten in C, Vala, or another
> compiled language. Not only is it holding tcl in the default install,
> but it also dramatically slows down boot.

That already is written in C, it's the script that pulls in the config
and runs the usb_modeswitch program which is written in tcl.

It should be very possible to convert it to python or vala.

I have to wonder what 200 udev rules all with different vendor and
product ids does to the boot time.

Martin,