Proposal for a JavaLibraryFreeze

Robbie Williamson robbie.williamson at canonical.com
Thu Nov 4 16:08:02 GMT 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 10:29 -0500, Robbie Williamson wrote:
> What if we had a ToolchainFreeze, that covered GCC, Java Libraries,
> and
> Python...as changing any one of the 3 late in cycle can lead to
> extreme
> pain and suffering?

Given how adding more freezes is suboptimal, another option is to roll
these into the DIF, and have it stand for
DistroInfrastructureFreeze...or something like that.

-Robbie

Robbie Williamson                                      robbie at canonical.com
Canonical, Ltd.                                   robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)