slowness of syncing process

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Wed Mar 24 17:34:33 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:36:08AM +0100, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> Benjamin Drung ha scritto:
> > ubuntu-dev-tools is the right package for the scripts once we have a
> > reliable universal one.

> I agree, but before make this public practice (and thus having lots of
> people to use it), I would like archive-admins to approve the procedure:
> syncs are historically handled by them, and it's always been the case,
> so we should wait for their input before going any further.

I believe the common position of the archive admins is that this should not
be gatewayed through us: anyone who can upload should also be able to sync,
preferably by way of a button in the LP UI.

Note that doing a sync by hand, even with the best of scripts, isn't going
to look *exactly* the same as a LP sync, and there's the possibility of bugs
in the script or user error when doing this by hand, which is largely why
this approach hasn't been promoted prior to now.