Removing computer-janitor from default install?

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 13 17:27:25 GMT 2010

Hello all,

https://launchpad.net/bugs/533559 asks for removing computer-janitor
from the default installation. I followed up with a particular
question in the bug, but this seems better to discuss here.

c-j seems to work quite well for me for the few cases when I've tried
it, but I don't use a lot of PPAs and third-party repos. How are other
people's experience? I checked its bug list, and it looks quite
reasonable (most are UI bugs, nothing scary like "broke my system").

However, c-j does not have a current maintainer right now, unless it
got absorbed by the foundation team. So the question whether we should
keep it in the default installation is legitimate.

Opinions?

Thanks, and have a nice weekend,

Martin