Role of the Sponsorship Queue

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Wed Mar 10 03:06:10 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 09, 2010 at 09:49:25PM -0500, Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Brian Murray <brian at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 10:32:16AM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >> Even if no special patch review process were in place, I strongly
> >> believe that just exposing the patches via +patches is going to
> >> stimulate a lot of needed attention on patches. ??The ability to sort
> >> them by age is explicitly designed to help make it easy to give patches
> >> timely attention. ??The feature of being able to use +patches on teams as
> >> well as on specific source packages is with the intention of giving
> >> visibility to patches in infrequently reviewed source packages.
> >
> > Oh wow, I didn't +patches worked in a person / team context[1]. ??That's
> > really awesome.
>
> How does this work? Is it just "person/team is subscribed to the bug"?
>  Visiting /~kubuntu-dev/+patches and seeing bugs with patches that are
> filed on packages to which ~kubuntu-dev has upload rights would be
> nifty...

Actually it's a bit broader than that.  Not individual bug subscriptions
but entire package subscriptions.  This makes it quite powerful.

So for instance, the team ubuntu-x-swat subscribes to a whole mess of X
packages, which you can see here:

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+packagebugs

And here's the patches report for this team:

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-x-swat/+patches

So you see it itemizes all the patches posted to all bugs filed against
all the packages it is subscribed to.  Or at least in theory...  I know
there are should be about 30 patches listed for non-FixReleased bugs yet
this report is only showing 5, so something's buggy there.

Bryce