inclusion of media player mp3 decoder and 56 kbps modem driver

Harihar Adhikari hariharadhikari at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 6 10:58:17 GMT 2010

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank for free software and FOSS process. I have used Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and Ubuntu 9.10. The 8.04 LTS version was from a national IT Show in Kathmandu, and the newer release was by downloading it to my 56 kbps modem i have. It took 10 days to download Ubuntu 9.10. The later version does not come with in-built sound player driver (MPEG-1 Layer 3 Decoder) and 56 kbps modem driver. i could not find or compose both of the drivers using my modem and internet with windows installation in my compuetr. In the coming March release of Ubuntu, i hope that will contain both drivers and codecs.

Sincerely
Mr. Harihar Adhikari (M.Sc.Ag.)
Senior Crop Protection Officer
District Agriculture Development Office
Manthali, Ramechhap
Nepal

tel (o) 977-048-540063, (h) 977-01-4032686, mobile 9744007802