Call for help in the mentoring program

Christophe Sauthier (Huats) christophe.sauthier at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 9 16:17:13 GMT 2010

Dear Ubuntu developers,

As you are all aware (or at least I hope so), there is an ongoing
effort to help people who want to start contributing at the Ubuntu
development. The current process of the mentoring is described on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/Mentoring

To handle the requests and to do the needed followup, there is a team
called the reception. But to be honest we are not doing a great job
lately. Many reasons can be found, but I think the main one is the
lack of man power, since I am now alone at the reception and that I
have ver little free time to allow to it.
So the choice is quite simple : we are able to build a team and define
new process since the current ones can be really improved (we have
already some leads), or I am afraid that we will have to close the
mentoring program. This is of course a situation that I'd like to
avoid...

Of course if you don't want to be part of the reception, but are
willing to mentor a new contributor, you are also welcome since we
also lack of mentors to face our current requests.

So please contact me to join and help the future of Ubuntu developers !

All the best,

    Christophe
---
Christophe Sauthier   -  06 16 98 63 96