Role of the Sponsorship Queue

Bryce Harrington bryce at canonical.com
Tue Mar 2 20:42:02 GMT 2010

On Wed, Mar 03, 2010 at 03:32:30AM +0900, Emmet Hikory wrote:
>     I think that these are both importnat things to have.  We need a
> list of arbitrary stuff that needs review and treatment.  Sometimes
> that's testing, sometimes that's getting it upstream, sometimes it's
> uploading, sometimes it's requesting modifications, sometimes it's
> porting to newer or older versions.  This is absolutely critical work.

I like to break processes down into the constituent tasks, and then for
each task see which of these buckets they fit into:

 |  Automatable  |  Needs    |  Needs human     |  Needs human   |
 |               |  human    |  with one        |  with general  |
 |               |  judgment |  specific skill  |  skillset      |

Then I look for ways that can help me move tasks from right-side buckets
towards the left.