Source package version number != source branch version number

Barry Warsaw barry at canonical.com
Mon Jun 14 18:43:48 BST 2010

The Sphinx (Python documentation system) source package for Maverick is at
0.6.6-1:

https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+source/sphinx/0.6.6-1

but the Bazaar source branch is still at 0.6.4-1:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-branches/ubuntu/maverick/sphinx/maverick/revision/16#debian/changelog

Why is this?  Do the source branches get updated automatically?  I would not
be surprised at a little version skew around the time the source package was
updated, but I think any such skew should have been corrected by now.  Or is
there something wrong with the source branch?

Thanks,
-Barry