Updated archive rebuild results

Scott Howard showard314 at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 4 16:38:12 BST 2010

Thanks Lucas,

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Lucas Nussbaum
<lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just updated my rebuild results page with the first results
> for Maverick. 858 packages failed to build (vs 279 in the released
> lucid, and 287 currently in Debian unstable).

30 of the FTBFS are:
[PYTHON_TRACEBACK/PYIMPORT] ImportError: No module named debian.deb822

which is caused by bug #588714 [1]. The origin is that python-debian
changed its python module name from debian_bundle to debian. I've made
a patch to merge from unstable which builds in a sid chroot, but the
post-build tests are failing in maverick and lucid (see the bug
report). This is an important package, and I do not feel comfortable
hacking at it to get it to work (I could just put something in that
will remove the trailing slash on directory strings), so I'd
appreciate someone more experienced than me looking at it. As more
packages get updated in debian and autosynced to ubuntu, the number of
FTBFS packages from this bug will increase.

Thank you.

Regards,
Scott

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-debian/+bug/588714