Rethinking UDS

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Fri Jun 4 16:06:29 BST 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 09:24:01AM +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> If we want to have leaner, more implementation-focused UDS, one way to
> do it is to move it to the third or fourth week after release (rather
> than the second one), leaving time for strategy sprints, planning and
> basic technical investigation to occur before.
>
> Then you could probably have, as Bryce proposed, a 4-day UDS or a
> special day for creative brainstorming.

I don't think we need any additional face to face meetings prior to UDS, but
I am a proponent of moving it later in the cycle.  The blocker for this is
that...well, UDS is a blocker for much of our development work.  If we can
resolve problem #6 from my original mail, and not be as dependent on UDS for
doing this work, then we would be free to move it later.

--
 - mdz