proposed universe demotion: virt-manager (or, a request for active maintenance)

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Sun Jan 31 03:43:45 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Vishal Rao <vishalrao at gmail.com> wrote:
> For a regular user who wants a UI frontend to operate KVM etc, what
> are my options?
> Right now I am quite forced to move to VirtualBox/VMware because I'm
> too noobish to work with the command line.

Let me reiterate ...  I am not proposing that we drop it from the
archive, but merely move it from Main to Universe.

We use (and depend) on dozens of packages every day that are in
Universe.  You would not lose access to virt-manager, but rather the
stated support for the package would actually line up with the reality
I feel we currently have.

:-Dustin