Lucid changes to Firefox default search provider

Rick Spencer rick.spencer at canonical.com
Thu Jan 28 14:36:45 GMT 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-27 at 15:36 -0500, Michael Raugh, C.Ht. wrote:
> > Change #2
> > Change #2 is changing the default search provider in Firefox to Yahoo!
>
> And since Yahoo! inked their little deal with Microsoft, that means the
> default search engine for new installs will be Bing.  Get ready for some
> major pushback once people realize Canonical is in bed with Microsoft.

Yes, this potential reaction did occur to me. However, Microsoft is a
very large IT company that has deals with many many companies. If Ubuntu
were to limit itself to working only with companies that do not have
deals with Microsoft, there would be almost no one left to work with. So
we can't have a policy of not working with companies that have deals
with Microsoft.

Cheers, Rick