Ubuntu Kernel Team meeting minutes, 2010-01-26
brad.figg at canonical.com
Tue Jan 26 20:38:34 GMT 2010
= Meeting Minutes =
[[http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/01/26/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt|IRC Log of the meeting.]]
== Agenda ==
[[https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam/Meeting#Tues, 26 January, 2010|20102601 Meeting Agenda]]
=== Outstanding actions from last meeting ===
amitk to meet with keybuk on automated boot tests
* Noting to add, continuing this to the next meeting.
=== Lucid Release Status: Bugs (Release Meeting Bugs / RC Milestoned Bugs / Release Targeted Bugs ===
|| ||[[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+bugs?field.milestone%3Alist=21445|Alpha 3 Milestoned Bugs]]||[[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/lucid/+bugs|Release Targeted Bugs]]||
=== Lucid Release Status: Milestoned Features ===
* [[https://edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+milestone/ubuntu-10.04|Milestoned Features]]
=== Lucid Release Status: Bugs with patches attached ===
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.has_patch=on|Bugs with patches attached]]
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-bug-handling (ogasawara) ===
ogasawara is passing some action items to JFo as part of his becoming the kernel team qa person.
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-review-of-ubuntu-delta (apw) ===
We have added the new DEVTMPFS device to the ubuntu delta for Lucid 2.6.31 based kernels.
=== Blueprints: kerne-lucid-kernel-config-review (apw) ===
Review of built-in sub-systems planned for the distro sprint.
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-kms (sconklin) ===
Nouveau from 2.6.33-rc4 pulled into LBM and LBM generally prepared for Lucid. Currently
available from my (apw) PPA for testing. Seems you need to manually installl -nouveau
X-server components to get this working. X team is going to do some testing before the
distro sprint, with a view to making a decision on Nouveau support and how to deliver it
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-suspend-resume (manjo) ===
Nothing new to report there
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-apparmor-development (jjohansen) ===
dfa optimization is done. There is a bug in table compression improvements so I (jjohansen)
backed that out for the moment. I (jjohansen) am aware of 3 regressions in current upstream
code base and am looking into them. They are minor regressions in corner cases but 2 of them
may be coming from LSM tweaks.
=== Blueprints: kernel-lucid-boot-performance (apw, csurbhi) ===
The regression in filesystem mount time remains, that is planned for discussion at the Platform
sprint. We had regressions caused by the late battery update changes (which gave us .3s during
boot). A revised patch moving the update async appears to resolve the issue and retain the gains.
=== Other Release Tasks: Lucid Audio Support (bjf) ===
Nothing major to report. The alsa c-o-d is busted right now and I'm working to get it fixed.
=== Other Release Tasks: Lucid Better Power Mgt (amitk) ===
Nothing new to report here.
=== Other Release Tasks: EC2 Lucid Kernel Status (jjohansen) ===
EC2 patch update is slow, going. I have had 1 kernel off of slightly older patchset not boot.
I have rebased and pulled in the latest patches from today, and redoing. I am dropping all the
conflicts in drivers that I can
=== Status: Lucid (apw) ===
The main kernel is now pulled up to 220.127.116.11 pulled in and ready to upload. ARM Marvell
Dove just updated to 2.6.32 and so we should expect some breakage there. ARM Freescale IMX51
is now on the Freescale BSP and we receieved some 30 additional patches which are applied;
upload is pending security updates on the main tree. We have a lot of work outstanding still
for Lucid. With only 19 of 57 tasks closed or deferred. We need to review our alpha-3
deliverables and concentrate on those.
=== Security & bugfix kernels - Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/Hardy/Others (smb) ===
* Dapper: 2.6.15-55.81 (security)
* Hardy: 2.6.24-26.64 (security)
* Intrepid: 2.6.27-16.44 (security)
* Jaunty: 2.6.28-17.58 (security)
* Karmic: 2.6.31-18.55 (proposed) 4/12 verifications done
* LBM: 2.6.31-18-20 (proposed) 0/ 2 verifications done
Security still getting finalized. We are including all the topic branches
into the update this time. So this adds to the effort.
Karmic-proposed needs to be updated before uploading as there has been one
regression detected in the 18.104.22.168 update
=== Incoming Bugs: Regressions (ogasawara) ===
Current regression stats (broken down by release):
==== regression-potential (up 14) ====
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-potential+lucid&field.tags_combinator=ALL|101 lucid bugs]]
==== regression-update (no change) ====
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-update+karmic&field.tags_combinator=ALL|9 karmic bugs]]
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-update+jaunty&field.tags_combinator=ALL|5 jaunty bugs]]
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-update+intrepid&field.tags_combinator=ALL|2 intrepid bugs]]
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-update+hardy&field.tags_combinator=ALL|1 hardy bug]]
==== regression-release (no change) ====
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-release+karmic&field.tags_combinator=ALL|60 karmic bugs]]
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-release+jaunty&field.tags_combinator=ALL|22 jaunty bugs]]
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-release+intrepid&field.tags_combinator=ALL|12 intrepid bugs]]
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-release+hardy&field.tags_combinator=ALL|4 hardy bugs]]
==== regression-proposed (no change) ====
* [[https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bugs?field.tag=regression-proposed+karmic&field.tags_combinator=ALL|1 karmic bug]]
=== Incoming Bugs: Bug day report (ogasawara) ===
Just a gentle reminder if you have a few spare cycles today:
=== Open Discussion or Questions ===
The entire kernel team extends a warm welcome to Chase Douglas our new
Hardware Enablement engineer.
Brad Figg brad.figg at canonical.com http://www.canonical.com
More information about the ubuntu-devel