New texlive uninstallable

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sun Jan 24 02:45:50 GMT 2010

Currently any packages in main that need texlive-base or texlive-latex-base
are going to fail to build:

  texlive-latex-base: Depends: texlive-base (>= 2009-1) but it is not going to
be installed
E: Broken packages

This is because texlive-base depends on luatex which is in Universe.  I took a
quick look and it didn't seem obvious to me if it was better to split the
package or promote luatex.  I'm leaving that to someone more familiar with the
packages, but in the mean time, FYI.

Scott K