Start irqbalance by default

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 18 09:51:03 GMT 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 09:33:07AM +1300, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>>> I think running it a few times per hour at most would be sufficient.
>> I don't think a rescheduling interval of more than a minute is really
>> very useful.
> Why is that?  I'm just guessing here, but intuitively (especially on
> servers) I would not expect the proportions of various IRQs to change
> all that often.

Even if it doesn't happen much or often, it /does/ happen. When it does,
I'd like to respond to this change within a reasonably short timeframe.
I don't consider 10-20 minutes (i.e. "a few times per hour") a short
timeframe for something like this.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead virtualisation engineer | Ubuntu Server Team