Proposing MIR process simplification

Dustin Kirkland kirkland at canonical.com
Wed Jan 6 04:56:01 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Bryce Harrington <bryce at canonical.com> wrote:
> I agree the MIR process could benefit from simplification, but I don't
> think eliminating the need for the wiki page really helps *that* much.
> Actually, I personally find the boilerplate text useful as a checklist
> to work through, marking items off as I do them.  I'd probably end up
> doing all the same work if we were doing them in LP vs. wiki.
> Here's a really rough mockup of what I have in mind (type in package
> 'foo' and hit go):
>  http://www2.bryceharrington.org:8080/cgi-bin/mir.cgi

Nice.

Two other ideas, similar to existing tools infrastructure...

 1) Create some similar to reportbug(1), that works through a series
of questions on the command line, and files a pertinent, well-formed
bug report
 2) Create a new LP project (call it ubuntu-mir, or something), and
fill in the "If I’m reporting a bug, I should include, if possible:
(Optional)" section on the Edit Project Details page

The (2) option would actually be pretty trivial to implement.  Filing
an MIR bug then should be against the ubuntu-mir project, plus the
affected package in Ubuntu.

:-Dustin