Proposing MIR process simplification

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 5 07:01:05 GMT 2010

Kees Cook [2010-01-04 14:55 -0800]:
> Oh, perhaps I misread what Martin suggested, but I thought this would be
> the new process: run through the checklist in the bug rather than in the
> wiki, but continue to use the checklist from the wiki.

It is. That's why I am pretty firm in the requirement that the bug
report explicitly has to say "I have checked that  the package meets
the UbuntuMainInclusionRequirements". This proves that you are aware
of the checklist, and also provides a "signoff". I hope reporters
would feel sufficiently bad about lying in a public and non-erasable
medium like the bug tracker. :-)

Martin