How to pass --disable-style-to-xml to dh_scour in cdbs? Make it default?

Francesco Fumanti francesco.fumanti at gmx.net
Mon Dec 27 16:08:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

Onboard is the default onscreen keyboard shipping with Ubuntu. It uses svg files for the layout of the keys and the introduction of dh-scour breaks it because dh_scour replaces the style element in the svg files with a fill attribute and a stroke attribute.

According to the documentation of scour, the is a --disable-style-to-xml switch to supporess the replacement.

As onboard is packaged with cdbs, I wanted to ask whether there is a way to pass that switch to dh-scour, or do I have to change the packaging system from cdbs to debhelper.

Finally, would it be sensible to make the --disable-style-to-xml switch default in dh-scour to avoid such breakage?

Another approach could consist in adapting the code of onboard to work with the attributes instead of the style element.

Thanks in advance for any reply or advice about how to proceed.

Cheers,

Francesco.